Got what it takes to join the LEAP team?
LEAP Africa, one of Nigeria’s leading non-profit organizations focused on leadership development in Nigeria for youth, entrepreneurs and corporate organizations with training programmes and activities across the region is hiring. Our mission is: To inspire, empower and equip a new cadre of African leaders by providing the skills and tools for personal, organizational and community transformation.
Are you looking to join a young, vibrant and creative team? If you are result-oriented with strong work ethics and can commit to leaving out all of LEAP’s values, then you are steps away from joining the right organisation.
Full time position
Graduate Internship Programme
Call for Expression of Interest to carry out a Research –
The Role of Leadership and Employability Skills Training on Student’s Learning Outcomes in Secondary Schools
Under the framework of the iLEAD Fellowship, LEAP Africa in partnership with Ford Foundation is pleased to put out a call for Expression of Interest (EOI) to carry out an action research to provide insight into how the actions and interactions taking place during the delivery of the iLEAD programme enables the assumptions of expected outcomes for the beneficiaries from a transformative leadership lens.
The research seeks to contribute to broader discourses and policy development on improving learning outcomes for students and providing interventions that will help young people make fundamental transitions by ending poverty, providing quality education, creating jobs and reducing inequality.
Scope of the Study
The study will be conducted in five secondary schools in Akwa-Ibom State, Nigeria. Hence, only applications from researchers domiciled in Akwa-Ibom and its environs (Rivers State, Cross Rivers and Abia States) will be considered. The time for the research will be 28 months.
Research Grant is available
How to Apply
Interested applicant(s) are invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) including the following:
o 3-page CV with information on related research experience (only CVs with 3 pages will be considered).
o A 3-page ‘Expression of Interest’ that provides information on the following:
- The context of soft skills training in Nigerian Secondary schools, with brief details of the policy and programming issues, as well as actors and the impact on development and livelihoods.
- An overview of the state of the literature (including grey literature, MSc and PhD theses).
- Proposed methodology for carrying out the research.
- Brief conceptual review of transformational leadership
o Two (2) work samples of peer reviewed work related to the thematic area.
o Contact details of 3 academic/professional referees.
- Researchers, Academics, Research institutions, Civil Society advocacy organisations, Think Tanks and NGOs domiciled in Akwa-Ibom and its environs (Rivers State, Cross Rivers and Abia States) are preferred.
- Applicants should have at least 3 years post PhD experience in the following fields; political science, sociology, economics, public policy, or development studies;
- Applicants shall have experience in leading research that has culminated in at least two peer reviewed publications;
- Applicants shall have good understanding of the context of thematic area;
- The applicant will have experience in developing technical research products such as literature synthesis, policy briefs, info-graphics, and research reports. LEAP Africa does not encourage plagiarism – we are keen on simple and effective language to fit our audience.
- Applicant should possess the ability to draft clear, concise and accurate reports in English that address national and international development practitioners as well as policy makers.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com by, Monday, 30th April, 2018. Kindly quote “Research onLeadership and Employability Skills Training” in the subject line of your email. In the first phase, short listed candidates will be invited to make a presentation on their EOI’s after which a final screening will be conducted.
The assignment is expected to be completed by June 2020. Successful applicants will be notified by Monday 7th May, 2018 and given further guidelines. Female researchers are encouraged to apply
Full scope of project and study are available on the application.
LEAP Africa seeks to recruit a Programme Coordinator for its eLearning department.
LEAP Africa offers innovative leadership and work readiness programmes for youth with the primary aim of equipping them to live productively, lead ethically and motivating them to deliver positive change in their communities by either executing community development projects or building sustainable social enterprises.
- Develop content, product and service offerings and design appropriate training solutions around LEAP’s core themes for dissemination through e-learning and technology channels.
- Research, author and edit LEAP materials and point of view documents as it relates to eLearning.
- Facilitate eLearning training programmes and speak publicly for eLearning across Nigeria and Africa.
- Create and refine eLearning’s training tools and assets.
- Market and promote e-integrity, LEAP Africa’s premier e-learning course on ethics.
- Develop proposals for eLearning activities and initiatives
- Identify and engage sponsors and technology partners to support eLearning’s initiatives.
- Plan, manage and deliver programmes and projects in accordance with set time lines.
- Assist in other areas related to ensuring the achievements of LEAP’s mission.
- Understand instructional design in crafting learning experiences for LEAP’s beneficiaries.
- Track record in curriculum/content development and program design.
- Have a good understanding of course design and delivery technologies (e.g. Articulate, Moodle, Google Docs, etc). Strong ability in the use of Microsoft packages. Visual design and graphics skills are a plus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Strong work ethics, a self-starter, very creative.
- Leadership and Management Skills-Supervisory skills.
- Project management skills.
- Business Development and Marketing skills.
- Very good facilitation and presentation skills.
- Passion for youth development, education, training and Nigeria’s development.
- Strong financial management skill.
- Proven entrepreneurial ability and capacity to work with significant autonomy.
- A high level of integrity and preparedness to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
Qualifications and experience:
A first degree is any relevant course will be considered. An advanced degree may be an advantage. 1-3 years of work experience is desired.
Click here to apply
Note: Only successful applicants will be contacted.