Achieving Business Sustainability
In an effort to address the challenge of succession planning, LEAP introduced its Business Leadership Programme through the support of the Ford Foundation in 2003. LEAP recognizes that while SME owners lack control over the external challenges in their sector, they are capable of addressing internal challenges. As a result, the organization equips business owners who runs SMEs with the skills and tools that are required to effectively and efficiently run organizations that will outline them.
Over the past eleven years with continued collaboration with non profits, financial institutions and corporate organizations, LEAP has enabled entrepreneurs build businesses using our curriculum in ten states across Nigeria including Lagos, Kano, Calabar, Enugu and Abuja. We have coached over 1,200 entrepreneurs and inspired over 3,500 business executives. As part of our innovative curriculum, we equip businesses to institute systems and structures for long term sustainability.
Our Business Training
- CEO’s Forum: LEAP’s CEO’s Forum exposes business owners to the importance of planning for their succession, Instituting effective systems and structures, and values within their organizations to ensure long term sustainability. The CEO’s Forum features business leaders and nurtures the exchange of ideas and best practices that support the growth and sustainability of small and medium scale enterprises.
- Governance Training for Boards of Directors: Designed for Boards of private and nonprofit organizations, this training programme equips Board members with the skills and tools required to operate effectively and efficiently in providing oversight and direction to their organizations and maintaining appropriate ethical standards in their organizations.
Customized Business Programmes
Our customized programmes are tailored to address unique and specific leadership and management issues aimed at achieving desirable and maximum impact in institutions, businesses, and organizations.
LEAP develops strategic trainings for organizations and institutions or delivers a set of trainings from some of our already existing customized programmes depending on the needs.
- Succession Planning: This programme is designed to equip business owners with the tools for effective succession planning that would ensure that their businesses outlive their direct involvement and continues to yield high value to communities for generations.
- Personal and Organizational Leadership Programme: This programme is geared towards equipping staff of organizations with the critical skills and tools for personal and organizational effectiveness. In addition, it provides them with the unique opportunity to reflect on their current abilities and to enhance their leadership and management skills.
- Organizational Ethics Training: Drawn from LEAP’s publication titled Building a Culture of Ethics, this programme seeks to empower and guide leaders and management of organizations through the process of developing an ethical culture, while highlighting the role of ethics in building sustainable organizations
- SME ToT: LEAP provides Training of Trainers (ToT) Programmes on leadership, ethics, succession, management and governance for trade associations, consultants and influencers in the Small and Medium Scale Enterprises space.
- Public Sector Programme: This programme is designed to equip public sector managers with the critical skills and tools for effective leadership. In addition, its aim is to enhance their management capacity, efficiency and effectiveness for service delivery and setting an ethical standard in the public sector.
Get our Business publications today!