APPLY TO BECOME A LEAP FELLOW
LEAP Africa is delighted to announce its LEAP Fellows Initiative. The initiative is a 3 - 4 month professional fellowship for individuals with under 5 years post graduate experience who have a passion for leadership development in Africa.
Fellows will serve full-time at LEAP Africa located in Lagos, Nigeria working on issues centred on leadership, business development and social change. The initiative is designed to enable Fellows develop their leadership and research skills while sharing best practices.
- A first degree from a reputable university. A Masters degree will be an advantage
- Creative writing experience and/or basic research skills
- Excellent spoken and written English: general ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts in written and oral form
- Work experience with an international NGO or with an academic institution would be an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly self motivated
- Detail oriented and self management skills
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
BENEFITS FOR FELLOWS
Selected candidates are expected to pay for their travel to the Nigerian Embassy but LEAP Africa will reimburse the visa fees for successful applicants. LEAP Africa will also write a letter in support of the selected candidate’s visa application.
Coaching & Networking:
Fellows will receive approximately one week of orientation at the beginning of their Fellowship and will be exposed to captains of industry and networking opportunities during the period of the fellowship.
Fellows will be enrolled on a basic Nigerian health insurance plan.
Fellows will receive a monthly living stipend but are expected to be responsible for their accommodation arrangements. We strongly recommend that fellows have established housing/living arrangements in Lagos.
End of Service Award:
Fellows that complete the programme in good standing will receive an End of Service Award.
Following completion of the programme in good standing, Fellows will be included in a prestigious alumni network which will provide an avenue for continuous learning, support and networking opportunities.
For additional information about LEAP,you may click on the following link to view a documentary on LEAP’s 10-year journey www.youtube.com/watch?v=03kGalJeopk