CALL FOR APPLICATION YOUTH DEVELOPMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME 2013
Deadline: April 12th, 2013
About LEAP Africa
Leadership Effectiveness Accountability Professionalism (LEAP) Africa is a nonprofit organization, which is committed to developing dynamic, innovative and principled African leaders. Since 2004, LEAP has equipped over 30,000 youth between the ages of 16-30 years with skills and tools that they require to serve as effective change agents in the society through its Youth Leadership Programme. In turn, these youth have initiated high impact social projects in their local communities.
About Youth Development Training Programme (YDTP)
The YDTP is a Training of Trainers (ToT) workshop for participants - who serve as teachers, workers and individuals in organizations and establishments with a focus or interest in youth training and development. The workshops will enhance the life, leadership and facilitation skills competencies of participants-cum-trainers. The trained trainers will be supported with learning materials to cascade the training to youth within their spheres. Through this approach, LEAP seeks to train 300 YDTP trainers who will cascade the training curriculum to 9000 youth beneficiaries, between 2013 and 2014, within their personal or organizational spheres of influence.
The objectives of the YDTP are to:
- Strengthen the local capacity of teachers, youth leaders, faith based leaders and guidance counselors to share and impact knowledge and support them to deliver the YDTP curriculum to young people.
- Support youth through the process of looking within to take stock of their lives – dreams, visions for the future, current skills, talents and inclination.
- Expose youth to the concept of leadership, offering tools and skills required for effective leadership.
- Advance youth participation in nation building and community development through development of change projects in their communities.
- Trainers who successfully complete the ToT workshop and step-down the curriculum to a minimum of 30 youth within their spheres of influence over a one-year programme timeline will receive a certificate as a trained leadership skills facilitator.
Criteria for Participation
All participants applying to be trained as YDTP trainers are expected to be:
- Interested in acquiring life, leadership and facilitation skills
- Preferably nominated by an existing organization with access to youth
- Committed to training a minimum of (30) youth within their network over a one year timeline
- Fees: N5,000 (Covers cost of trainers manual, support materials and lunch for 5 days)
- Student Manuals: N45, 000 (Covers cost of 30 student manuals at N1,500 each)
- Location: Lagos
- Date: April 22nd- 26th, 2013